Capturing life's little moments of joy

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Have You Heard the News?

Hello from Asher...



In case you hadn't heard, I have a new baby sister.
Most people call her Autumn, but I like to call her Aumum.



She's pretty cute. 




I thought I'd share with you some of the things I've learned about Autumn in the last ten weeks.

 She likes to get lots of kisses, and mommy will take my picture every time I kiss her.



She likes to read books.



Autumn likes to play with toys.  I can help by getting out lots of toys for her to play with.  I've found a few toys in her bedroom that are really cool, so I've found the proper places for those particular toys in my bedroom.



Autumn doesn't seem to like monster trucks yet.  I have a lot to teach her.



She does like this musical pea pod, which is her favorite toy.



When Autumn cries, if bringing her a book, toy, or blanket doesn't seem to help, I should loudly shout, "Aumum needs Mommy!"

There's enough room on Daddy's lap for both me and Autumn.  It was quite an adjustment learning to share my parents with Autumn.  I protested this change by going on a nine day hunger strike where I only ate applesauce.  Luckily I'm back to gobbling up normal meals now (although I decided there was no need to resume eating vegetables).



Things I am not supposed to do with Autumn - roll her over, bop her on the head with a toy bear, rock her extremely vigorously in the swing, put a blanket on top of her head, or yell loudly when she's sleeping.  We don't seem to have any pictures of me doing those things.  I'm not going to comment on  whether that is because those things have never happened or not.

It's definitely different having a sister around, but I'm really starting to like her!    



And she's starting to like me too!




No comments:

Post a Comment