Capturing life's little moments of joy

Monday, April 18, 2011

Running to Key West

Notice anything unusual in my fruit bowl?


That's a coconut in there!!


I always thought coconuts were brown & fuzzy, but apparently there's a smooth green pod around them. 


This one came to me straight from Key West, Florida!!  My friend Jewel winters in Key West every year (I know, so lucky) and brought this back to me when she returned to Virginia last week.  She knocked it down from a palm tree right on her own property!

She recommended pounding a screwdriver into it to get to the juice.  That sounds a little challenging, so for now I'll just admire it on my kitchen counter & dream of my own visit to the Keys. 

Speaking of which, we're making some real progress as we Run to Key West. 

Miles We've Run                 Miles to Go
   190                                   983

We've made it all the way to Rocky Mount, North Carolina!  Check out the map at this link:

Next stop: South Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment