Capturing life's little moments of joy

Friday, May 13, 2011

Goodbye, Peep

Today I attended a memorial service for Peep, the chick.  It was probably the most hysterical memorial service I will ever attend!   Highlights included attendees clucking and flapping their arms like chicken wings & the eulogy, which referenced Peep's mean siblings and the fact that Peep's burial took place hours before his memorial service!  Somehow I was  nominated to read the eulogy, written by one of our teachers.  Peep hatched at school & lived with us at school this week, including a whole day in my office.  Unfortunately, poor little Peep couldn't walk.  One of my teacher friends tried to save him, and he was briefly adopted as our school pet.  We had a lot of fun with little Peep this week & were sorry to see him go.  Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Peep because all I had at school was my camera phone, which didn't take very good pictures in my office lighting.  
photo from Moyers Chicks


No comments:

Post a Comment