Capturing life's little moments of joy

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santa Baby

This morning we went off to the mall for Asher to meet Santa!  After reading lots of books about Santa and making a big fuss over all the santa decorations around the house, we decided he was finally ready.  I did have to hide the dancing Santa in the closet the other day though because Asher was terrified to even be in the same room as it, even if it wasn't turned on...

Here's how it all went down at the mall.

We arrived about five minutes before Santa's arrival and were behind about eight families in line.  Asher was very content waiting in line and enjoyed pointing out all the Christmas trees on display.  Two of his friends from daycare were also in line, so he was happy and surprised to see them there.  When Santa walked up, Asher gave him a big smile and waved to him!  

He was looking a little wary by the time we reached the front of the line. 

I think we were all a little surprised when Asher waves at Santa and even gives him a smile when they meet.
Maybe he was just glad that Santa didn't call him a girl, like he did last year! 

The mood quickly changes though. 
He is surprised and not at all pleased that I set him down in Santa's lap!

Uh oh!  Full on meltdown occurs!
The elf lady is busily waving a teddy bear at him as if that is going to make him smile.
I almost recommended to her that she buy an Elmo or a truck to make her job a little easier, but we didn't have much time to chit chat. 
By the way, this is what our photo from the mall looks like. 
Great for posterity!    

Everything immediately gets better when I come over to join them.
I didn't mean to sit down for a photo, but the elf lady told me to.
Probably all the other parents in line thought I was crazy.  

We even get a smile for the camera!  It took mere seconds to go from the meltdown to the smile. 
I think he really did like Santa!
Maybe I can photoshop my self out of the picture!
Or photoshop Chris into the picture, so we have the whole family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment